Microsoft has released a new updated for 3D Builder app which contains fixes and it now works with the Microsoft 3D Scan app. It can import webcam and other images. Also, now you can add bases to uneven objects.
- 3D Builder provides everything you need to make any 3D content printable.
- Open 3MF, STL, OBJ, PLY, FBX, WRL (VRML), DAE, 3DS, and DXF files.
- Save as 3MF, STL, PLY, or OBJ files.
- Clean up models by smoothing and simplifying.
- Automatically repair models so you can print them.
- Print directly to supported 3D printers using multiple materials or order your model through the 3D Systems Cubify service.
- Use the 3D Scan app to scan yourself in full color.
- Take pictures with your webcam and make them 3D, or use BMP, JPG, PNG, and TGA files.
- Add a base to uneven objects.
- Emboss any model with text or images.
- Merge, intersect, or subtract objects from each other, or slice them into pieces.
- Supported 3D printers: http://microsoft.com/3d
Download the updated app from Windows Store using the below link.