Despite no longer officially supporting Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft has continued to push out Cumulative Updates for the operting system bringing bug fixes and addressing vulnerabilities.
Today Microsoft released a new update taking the OS to build 15254.527. The update is available for the HP Elite x3 , Microsoft Lumia 550 , Lumia 650 , Lumia 950 / 950 XL , Alcatel Idol 4S and Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL .
What’s new in Windows 10 Mobile Build 15254.527
- Vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) that affects Intel® Core® processors and Intel® Xeon® processors (CVE-2018-3620 and CVE-2018-3646). Make sure previous OSC protections against Specter Variant 2 and Meltdown vulnerabilities are enabled using the registry settings outlined in the Windows Client guidance KB article. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions.)
- Addresses an issue that causes Internet Explorer to stop working for certain websites.
- Updates support for the draft version of the Token Binding protocol v0.16.
- Addresses an issue that causes Device Guard to block some ieframe.dll class IDs after installing the May 2018 Cumulative Update.
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge supports the preload = “none” tag.
- Addresses a vulnerability related to the Export-Modulemember () function with a wildcard (*) and a dot-sourcing script. After installing this update, existing modules on devices that have Device Guard enabled will intentionally fail. The exception error is “This module uses the dot-source operator while exporting functions using wildcard characters, and this is disallowed when the system is under application verification enforcement.” For more information, see https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8200 and https://aka.ms/PSModuleFunctionExport.
- The .NET Framework update has been published. Applications that rely on COM components were failing to load or run correctly because of “access denied,” “class not registered,” or “internal failure occurred for unknown reasons”.
The update can be downloaded by Checking for Updates in Settings.