Microsoft today announced that they are adding new auditing and reporting capabilities for Yammer, powered by the Office 365 Management Activity API and the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. These new features provide a new level of visibility for IT. Microsoft also highlighted that Yammer complies with international and regional standards such as the Office 365 Data Processing Agreement with European Union Model Clauses (DPA with EUMC), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Office 365 Business Associate Agreement (HIPAA BAA), ISO 27001, ISO 27018, Section 508 for web accessibility, and SSAE 16 SOC 1 and SOC 2 reports. Recently, Microsoft released Yammer apps for iOS and Android that allows IT administrators to protect their corporate data using mobile application management (MAM) controls in Microsoft Intune.
More than 25 different Yammer operations spanning five categories will be made available for auditing:
- Users—including activating a user, suspending a user and deleting a user.
- Groups—including creating a group, adding a member to a group and deleting a group.
- Files—including creating a file, viewing a file and deleting a file.
- Admins—including exporting data, triggering private content mode and forcing all users to log out.
- Network settings—including changing network usage policy and changing data retention policy.
Read more about it here.