WLinux is Linux distro based on Debian which is being specifically optimised for running on the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
Developed by Whitewater Foundry, their custom distro will also allow faster patching of security and compatibility issues that appear from time to time between upstream distros and WSL.
- A fast Linux terminal and development environment for developers and pro-users built on Windows® Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows 10.
- Popular development tools, including git and python3, are pre-installed. Additional packages can be easily installed via the apt package management system.
- Out-of-the-box support for most Linux graphical apps with no need to configure display or libGL settings. Note: Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410.
- Pre-installed with wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between Linux and Windows 10.
- WLinux offers faster patching than any upstream Linux distro for WSL-specific bugs.
- New features are actively added based on community interest, including paid bug and feature bounties.
- A handful of unnecessary packages, such as systemd, have been removed to improve stability and security.
In return for saving developers time Whitewater Foundry is charging $19.99 (though the app is currently 50% off and the distribution can be downloaded from Github for free).
If that sounds like a good deal grab the distro from the Store here.