Microsoft today announced that the new Bing Search API portfolio is now available for purchase on Microsoft Azure Marketplace. The Bing Search API portfolio includes the following three products as part of Microsoft Cognitive Services: Bing Search APIs (including Bing Web Search API, Bing Image Search API, Bing Video Search API, and Bing News Search API), Bing Autosuggest API, and Bing Spell Check API. Since all these are REST APIs and follow the latest structured data standards (Schema.org, JSON-LD), developers can easily implement it in their apps.
The next version of Bing Search APIs are Cognitive Services – using the same core Bing platform and features that hundreds of millions of monthly users rely on for search across Bing, Cortana, Office, and trusted external partners. Developers at any level—from startups to enterprise teams—have instant access to our new search APIs.
Some of the new features in Bing Search API portfolio include:
- Search across billions of web pages, images, videos, and news results, with the high performance and relevance you’ve come to expect from Bing, and which tech-industry leaders rely on.
- Autosuggest services to improve accuracy and speed of user input in your apps and sites.
- Leverage assistive services such as spell check and adult intent signal.
- Access to trending topics including news, images and videos.
- Ability to filter image and video results by size, license, style, and price.
Read more about it here.