STATE COLLEGE, Pa. March 21, 2011 â€“ AccuWeather.com, the world’s leading multimedia weather information source, today previewed its AccuWeather.com application for Windows Phone 7. AccuWeather for Windows Phone 7 will be available for download from the Windows Phone Marketplace in Q2 2011.
â€œAccuWeather for Windows Phone 7 will offer accurate, localized, and detailed weather news and information in a modern and clean format," said Pascal Racheneur, AccuWeather Vice President of Interactive Media. "Complete with interactive panoramic views, easy swiping between your favorite locations, and Bing maps, the app uses the rich Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools to create a dynamic application that provides users with easy access to everything they need to plan their day."
- Accurate and localized forecasts for all global locations. Updated every hour, forecasts include the most detailed hourly forecasts for the next twenty-four hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next ten days.
- Panoramic views with easy swiping between stored locations.
- Severe WeatherAlarms for all global locations.
- Severe Weather Alerts for the U.S. – visible from all screens.
- Multiple weather displays, including animated radar and satellite maps, interactive Bing Maps, and current, broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
- Special lifestyle forecasts, such as conditions for specific sports and other outdoor activities.
"Windows Phone 7 is backed by an innovative developer ecosystem that is creating a variety of quality apps and games, like AccuWeather, that take advantage of the phone’s unique features and design," said Todd Brix, senior director, Windows Phone Marketplace, Microsoft Corp. "AccuWeather, with its integration of Bing Maps and use of panorama, is a great example of the rich applications that people will find on Windows Phone Marketplace to get the most out of their phone," he continued.
The application will be previewed in the Microsoft booth at International CTIA Wireless 2011 in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center March 22-24.
About AccuWeather, Inc. and AccuWeather.com
AccuWeather, Empowering You to Be the Bestâ„¢, presents accurate, localized, branded forecasts and severe weather bulletins each day to one quarter of a billion persons worldwide via the free AccuWeather.com website, mobile devices and IPTV, through the airwaves, and in print. The 116 meteorologists at AccuWeather also deliver a portfolio of customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as providing content for more than 50,000 third-party Internet sites, including the wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News Mobile, and WABC-TV New York. Visit www.accuweather.com for more information.