Microsoft has rebranded their Mixed Reality Viewer app to 3D Viewer, and has been testing the update with Windows 10 Insiders. Starting today, the app is now available to all, with a long list of improvements.
Version 5.1809.20012.0 of the app features the following changes:
- Rebrand: Mixed Reality Viewer becomes 3D Viewer
- Environment & Lighting: 3D Viewer now allows you to adjust the intensity, saturation, value and colour of the light to your liking. In addition, there are several selectable themes available to your liking such as Sunset.
- Stats & Shading: 3D Viewer presents a new Statistics and Shading section, in which it will be possible to inspect and adjust the shapes and dates of the objects present in your projects
- Removed the hamburger menu in favour of a new top menu
- New welcome screen
- New settings
- Introduced control with the Surface Pen
- It is now possible to hide the 3D Viewer option panels
- Significant improvements with the display in Mixed Reality
- Introduced the reveal effect
- New 3D Print options
- Various bug corrections and improvements
Find the updated app in the Store here.