The PC version of Quantum Break was recently updated to version 18.104.22.168, fixing a variety of framerate issues and adding the much requested quit button to the game. Additionally, upscaling options are now available, and it’s possible to turn film grain on or off. This update also includes many of the bug fixes that were present in the Xbox One patch that arrived a few days ago.
At its launch for Windows 10 PCs, Quantum Break was plagued with issues. Aside from lacking a quit button, which some felt showed how little time was put into the port, the game had many issues on Nvidia hardware. Remedy Entertainment seems to be determined to fix these issues, however, and the full list of changes is below.
- Added additional graphics options
- Added Quit Button to Main Menu
- Alt+Enter now toggles full screen mode
- Fixed rare instances of cloud saves failing and causing loss of progress
- Fix for a rare bug that accidentally wiped progress after completing the game
- Fixed aspect ratio and full screen scaling for non 16:9 resolutions
- Fixed resolution selection when transitioning from windowed to fullscreen mode
- Fixed frame timing not matching the refresh rate – General Performance Improvements
- Unlock descriptions for Will Diary 1 and Will Diary 2 are no longer reversed
- Fixed Jack’s subtitles not showing in some cinematics
- Fixed various keyboard input issues
- Fixed in-game TV screen images which were sometimes grainy
- Fixed circular progress bar alpha in the junction stats screen
- Fixed options menu items being clickable even if they’re cropped
- Fixed 1 px gaps sometimes visible in the PC keyboard key callout backgrounds
- Fixed rendering issues in the menus
- Fixed video playback not always ending if the video was synced to audio
- Fixed issue in renderer when initializing participating media
- Fixed missing line in Portuguese audio in an Act 5 cinematic
- Act 2 Part 1: Fixed Nick pathing issues
- Act 2 Part 3: Added collision on time machine corridor to prevent player’s accidentally falling to their death
- Act 5: Fixed last subtitle going by too quickly to read
Quantum Break is available for both Windows 10 and Xbox One, and more updates are expected soon.
Have you played Quantum Break on PC? How has it performed? Let us know in the comments below!
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh6h0rv]