Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
After rolling out the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 update to the OnePlus 8 series last month, OnePlus is now making the Open Beta 3 update available for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users. The latest beta update brings a few new features alongside fixes for a number of bugs and performance improvements.
The latest Open Beta 3 update adds Android October 2020 Security patch, making your OnePlus 8/8 Pro more secure. Also, you’ll get to enjoy features such as support for Always-on ambient display, smother unlock experience, thanks to optimized animation effect. Other notable features include improved standby performance, improved system stability, fixes for the low probability issue in Zen Mode, and more. You can read the full official changelog below.
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standy-by performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Ambient Display
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” ?
- Zen Mode
- Fixed the low probability issue that system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
For those not aware, OxygenOS Open Beta builds give you access to features that are not public yet, so you can get access to many new features before the majority of the OnePlus users. However, these are not stable builds, meaning you’re likely to face a couple of issues while using your phone. And if you’re fine with that, you can join the OxygenOS Open Beta Program anytime and install the Open Beta 3 update.
Before you proceed, don’t forget to back up your OnePlus 8 series and make sure that the battery level is above 30%. Also, 3GB of available storage space is required for the update process to be smooth.
Those who’re currently running the Open Beta 2 update can now go to the Settings > System > System updates to install the latest OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 update.