Microsoft will replace MSDN and TechNet forums with the new Microsoft Q&A. Microsoft Q&A will be the single location to get answers to all your technical questions on Microsoft products and services. Microsoft Q&A is an extension of Microsoft Docs platform and it will use the same user authentication.
You can post your questions and tag them to make it easier for the community to find similar questions and answer them. When you answer for questions posted on Microsoft Q&A, you will get reputation points. You can also earn reputation points by proposing new bugs or features, voting on answers, and more.
Microsoft Q&A features:
- Tag-based experience allows you to ask questions across products and services in a single place
- Follow posts, tags, or people to get updates
- Unified profile for single sign on across docs.microsoft.com
- Suggested answers as you type your question to quickly identify possible existing answers
- Bookmark content for future reference
You can learn more about Microsoft Q&A here. You can check out the preview release of Microsoft Q&A here. As part of this change, you won’t be able to ask new questions or create new responses in MSDN and TechNet forums from now on. However, existing conversations will continue to exist in read-only mode.