Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
An average employee’s workflow has gone through many changes in the last few years. It’s not just your work PC or laptop that you interact with. You interact with your PC, your tablet, your phone, and some of you even with your smartwatch.
Over time, Microsoft has noticed a problem which they call the business “innovation gap”. This problem consits of 3 key elements.
To keep it brief:
- Lack of developers for mobile platforms
- Inconvenient cloud storage solutions
- Lengthy work-specific app distribution process
This is why Microsoft has created PowerApps, a unique solution to these problems. PowerApps is an enterprise service where developers are able to evaluate apps, receive feedback, deploy apps, and do much more. Deploying a solution across your company is only a matter of a few minutes.
Here are a few perks PowerApps bring for employees…
- The ability to create universal apps with a Microsoft Office-like experience
- Use built-in connections to connect PowerApps to the cloud
- Share PowerApps with your coworkers by just sending them an email
…and here’s a list of a few features that developers can make use of
- Use Azure App Service for employee-facing apps to ensure fast deployment
- Build APIs which help other developers easily integrate your app’s features
- Policy management for app data for optimal security and privacy
Microsoft has partnered with a few recognized companies to ensure PowerApps are as agile for business as they can get. Companies like Toro, Bose, Metro Bank and eBecs. The range of PowerApps one can create is as big as you can imagine. From an app for the internal team to sift through job applications to a banking app interacting with CRM data.
PowerApps certainly seem like an amibitious concept to begin with. Let us know your thoughts about them in the comments 🙂