ArtelPlus, a software company engaged in developing mobile applications for PDAs and smartphones since 2003, is now releasing new application Mobile Macros Ââ€“ PocketPC version for starters.
Mobile Macros is designed to make userâ€™s life easier. It is achieved by automation of frequently repeated userâ€™s actions through creation and later use of so-called macros (sequences of events such as stylus taps and moves).
When developing the application the company initially set the aim to make its use as simple and intuitive as possible, so that a user would not require any special experience or skills. Any frequently repeated sequences of actions such as checking e-mail, changing settings, multistep launch of applications, can be recorded as a macro and later on reproduced in one action. A macro Â is a text file that can be edited by standard tools. A useful feature of the application is that a macro can launched through a shortcut, which, in turn, can be assigned, for example, to a hardware button.
Due to the broad field of application, Mobile Macros will be appreciated both by beginners and advanced users, system administrators as well as testers of mobile software.
Macros can be used in many different ways, for example:
- to clean the memory with a single step (unload of all running applications);
- to make templates for SMS, events, tasks, notes, documents;
- to start an ActiveSync process when using a Bluetooth connection;
- to create various device profiles;
- to perform basic operations (for example, backing up files);
- to log the stylus events into the text file;
- to create a self-presenting applications (automatic demonstrations);
- to test your application on devices in automatic mode.Â
Â Just recorded my first macro and am really surprised at how easy it is to use. There is nothing like this for Windows Mobile or any other PDA that I know of. It is highly promising!Â