Over the weekend Microsoft lay the ground work and with today’s release of the updated Windows Device Recovery Tools Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL users are finally able to install the latest Insider Build of Windows 10 Mobile.
The update takes the device from its shipped build 10586.0 to the still experimental 10586.29 OS build, so is not generally recommended for those who wish to have a stable device and one which they can easily make a warranty claim on.
The .29 update does bring some advances however, including:
- Additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- Issues resolved on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
If you like living on the wild side you can join the Insider program by download the app here.