Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoftstarted shippingthe Lumia 950 to some customers today. As Microsoft previously showed off, the Lumia 950 and it’s bigger brother, the Lumia 950 XL includes a pretty sweet camera which is capable of taking amazing pictures. A Lumia 950 owner today posted some sample pictures taken with the Lumia 950 and they actually look pretty good. Take a look:
(Tip: Click to enlarge image and view full-res image)
In case you missed it, here are some of the key features of the Lumia 950’s camera:
- Hardware: A rear-facing PureView camera with a 20-megapixel advanced BSI sensor, F1.9 Zeiss optics, triple-LED natural flash, fifth-generation optical image stabilization, ISO12800, 4K video, and a 5-megapixel wide-angle front-facing camera.
- Colors look really vivid, but still realistic. Everything just looks perfect–the details, colors, contrast, and noise. Thanks to image processing software–in areas such as pixel, color and exposure algorithms.
- Great low light photos: Super high sensitivity sensor, 5th generation OIS, and large aperture enables great low light imaging.
- Rich Capture mode: It uses two exposure times for the same image: short for the moving object and long for the static part of the image.
- New Flash system: The natural three LED (red, green, blue) flash automatically matches the colors of the ambient light. This means that if you’re taking a photo outside at twilight, the flash will produce a blue light to complement the bluish color of the scene, and if you’re taking a photo of a candlelit dinner, the flash will adjust to expose candlelight.
- Dynamic Flash: The camera takes two photos, one with flash and one without, and we use very clever algorithms to get the best of both.
If you have already received your Lumia 950, let us know what you think of the device in the comment section below. If you haven’t yet, stay tuned for our Lumia 950 review, which should be coming soon.