Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft Whiteboard for Education allows students to draw, add notes and charts, write, type, and work together on a freeform digital canvas. Microsoft today announced six new features in Microsoft Whiteboard for Education to improve collaboration among students. Read about those features below:
- Reactions give students and teachers the ability to quickly “thumbs-up” stickies, images, and text on the Whiteboard from their Windows 10 or iOS device.
- Send to Teams encourages students and teachers to continue the conversation beyond the class period by allowing individual users to share boards they’ve created to a channel within Microsoft Teams.
- Immersive Reader in Microsoft Whiteboard provides a set of tools like focus mode, parts of speech identification, and a Picture Dictionary to help students better decode text on the whiteboard – and ultimately improve their reading comprehension in general.
- Follow-along (preview) helps direct students’ view by automatically following and zooming in on one user’s contributions to the board. For example, a student with low vision could use follow-along to keep the Whiteboard zoomed to wherever their teacher is working on the board, and thus stay focused on the most relevant content.
- Read-only mode helps reduce this problem by allowing teachers to “mute” particular individuals, reducing distraction without embarrassing the student or interrupting the flow of a lesson.
- Two space-themed EDU sticker packs.
All these features will be available on Whiteboard app for Windows 10 and iOS in the coming weeks.