Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Excel 2016 comes with set of features called Get & Transform, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. Get & Transform allows users to connect, combine, and refine data sources to meet their analysis needs. Microsoft today announced eight new data transformation and connectivity features for Get & Transform that have been requested by many customers.
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- Enhanced SAP HANA connector—allow multi-select of values for variables and parameters.
- Enhanced OData connector—option to import Open Type columns from OData feeds.
- Enhanced Access DB connector—new Select Related Tables button to “” in the Navigator dialog.
- Option to generate Step Names in English within the Query Editor.
- Description for Query Steps within the Query Editor.
- Extract Week, Day or Month name from a Date/Time column from the Query Editor.
- Merge Dates and Times into a Date/Time column from the Query Editor.
- Extract Start/End of Hour from a Date/Time or Time column from the Query Editor.
These updates are available for free as part of an Office 365 subscription. Read about all these improvements in detail here.