This Windows 8.1 Update 1 build is now available for download from various illegal sites and the leaked build with build string of 9600.16596.WINBLUES14_GDR_LEAN.140114-0237 revealed many new features that we reported in the past week. Winbeta did a quick video walk through showing main changes in Windows 8.1 Update 1. Check it out above.
New features in Windows 8.1 Update 1:
- Metro apps have a title bar, with close/minimize buttons and the ability to “Split left/right” when you right-click it.
- You can keep taskbar visible while using modern apps
- Control Panel item in metro PC Settings
- 200% and 250% DPI scaling modes added to control panel (in 8.1 RTM, to get these values you have to go “custom”), 250% is the default on screens with more than 1800 vertical lines
- Shutdown button on the start screen*, doesn’t show on less than 8″ tablets to prevent accidental shutdown
- Search button on the start screen*
- Instead of metro bars (top and bottom) a context menu appears when you right-click an app on the start screen*
- Pinning metro apps to desktop taskbar*
- Internet Explorer Enterprise Mode