At WWDC 2021, Apple today announced iOS 15, the next major update for iOS. The iOS 15 update comes with several new features including the much-improved FaceTime app and more. You can find the details below.
- Spatial Audio support
- Voice isolation
- Grid View during group video calls
- Portrait mode (background blur)
- FaceTime links that works in any browser.
- SharePlay – You can listen together, watch together and share your phone screen.
- New collage view for photos.
- Shared with you (If someone shares news articles, music links on Messages, when you open Apple News or Apple Music apps, you can find those shared items easily)
- New look for Notifications.
- Notification summary to easily tackle notifications
- Any texts in Photos can be copied with a tap. (Note: This feature is already available in Google Pixel devices). Can recognize 7 languages.
- Improved search experience that can provide search results based on contents of photos, etc.
Improved Photos app:
- Apple music integration with photo memories
- Memory mixes allows you to change music in photo memories
- Ability to store your IDs is coming to iPhone.
Improved Apple Maps:
- New maps coming to Spain, Portugal. Later this year, it is coming to Italy and Australia.
- Elevation, custom designed landmarks, new night time mode, etc.
- Improved navigation with details like bike lanes, taxi and bus lanes, etc.
- Improved transit navigation with AR-based direction guidance.