Just in time for New Year’s resolutions, Sports Tracker for Windows Phone 8 is now available in the Windows Phone Store.
Sports Tracker for Windows Phone 8 has the same well known features as the previous WP7 version, but now also works in the background and supports heart rate monitoring.
The heart rate monitor is of course via a special Heart Rate Monitor such as the Sports Tracker hrm1 and Sports Tracker hrm2 which can be purchased from Sport Tracker’s online store here.
The app features:
- Average speed and pace
- Max speed
- Energy spent (kCal)
- Heart rate monitoring (requires a belt)
- Training diary with weekly view for workout data analysis
- Diary sync to sports-tracker.com service for further analysis
- Sharing of workouts to Facebook, Twitter and the Sports Tracker community
The Sports Tracker team promises to continue to to develop the app, but warns that they have not tested their app extensively with the Nokia Lumia 1520, and of the following other issues:
- The app doesn’t work with Polar Wearlink with Bluetooth. Unfortunately beta testing revealed problems with the connection so we have to continue testing before we can add the support.
- Average speed not shown
- Some users have been experiencing sync issues
- GPS is enabled in indoor mode
- Issues with Heart rate alarms (upper and lower limits)
The free app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.