Sony today surprised everyone with the announcement of two new Android devices. Why are we posting it here then? Because, these two devices are targeted towards Lumia’s most successful smartphone segment, low-mid range. The new Xperia T2 Ultra will compete against Lumia 1320, it has an advantage of having better cameras, NFC and super slim design. Xperia E1 will compete with Lumia 525 and has an advantage of having 20% more battery capacity. The important thing which Sony didn’t announce today was about their pricing and availability which I think is critical. Nokia Lumia 1320 and Lumia 525 are already rolling out throughout the world and are priced very competitively. It will be interesting to see whether Sony will undercut the competition in pricing in addition to specs.
What do you think? Find key specs of Sony devices after the break.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra:
- 6” HD display (720p) with TRILUMINOSTM and Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for mobile
- 13 MP camera with Exmor RS for mobile
- 1.1 Mp front facing camera with Exmor R
- Access to Sony’s “one-touch” ecosystem of 132 NFC connected accessories
- Snapdragon Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of on board storage (Micro SD slot expandable up to 32GB)
- Large 3000 mAh embedded battery with Battery STAMINA Mode
Sony Xperia E1:
- 4” WVGA (800 x 480) display
- Fast 1.2 GHz dual core processor with 512 MB RAM and 4GB storage
- WalkmanTM key, shake to shuffle and hardware controls for easy music control
- Fast data speeds with Cat 14 HSPA+
- Available in white, black and purple