Slack beta app for Windows Phone devices today received an update in Store to version 2016.706.354.0. This update includes the ability to DM yourself, improved experience of joining channels, ability to download pictures and more. Find the full change log below.
- You can now enjoy the new found ability to DM yourself (it’s useful for links and notes, as well as for talking to yourself, should you so wish).
- Creating new conversations, inviting people to existing channels are greatly improved, as is the experience of joining channels
- “We want to be able to download pictures!” you said. Fair enough, we replied. Download away!
- The overall app performance has had a boost. While we’re not at the speed of light we’re one step closer to making your day a bit more productive with less waiting.
- Fixed: Notifications are wasn’t reliable and didn’t always load correct. They are now.
- Fixed: You can now search for someone by their name and not just their @handle.
- Fixed: Some users experience nothing when using the app. As in “null”. We can’t promise they’re all gone, but we think we’ve chased most of nothings down now, and made them into somethings.
- Fixed: It was possible to create a channel with invalid name. We make sure you can’t do that anymore.
- Fixed: You can now actually reopen a DM with someone you’ve DM’ed with in the past. As opposed to before, when you couldn’t. Sorry about that: We never meant to burn your bridges for you.
- Fixed: When signing in on Windows 10 Mobile, the first character on the email field always wanted to be capitalized. With stern words and sterner code, we put it in its rightful case.