Distinction Ltd – the team behind Cocktail Flow, AppFlow and Weather Flow – have announced a major update for the Skyscanner app (link to the Marketplace here). The free app boasts with the following features:
- Search over 1000 airlines and travel agents to get the best deals
- Watch flight prices: pin your flight searches to your start screen (prices update every hour)
- Search trains too: compare rail travel and flights on major European routes
- Available in more than 25 languages
- 100% independent and shows ALL airlines including low-cost carriers and scheduled airlines
- Email flight details to yourself for later
- Share your flight details with friends, family or colleagues
As for the update, the press release is as follows:
Leading travel search company Skyscanner announces the release of a new version of its top-ranking Windows Phone app featuring improved functionality for users with the addition of the most flexible browse function available in flight search.
The application is available for Windows Phone 7.5 or higher and, as with all of Skyscannerâ€™s apps, is free to download. The new app continues to make the best use of the Live Tile function of Windows Phones, allowing users to pin selected flights to the Start screen and then track them automatically.
Highlights of the new app include:
â€¢ Flexible date function showing users flight prices each day across a whole month, or even year, making it possible to find the lowest fares
â€¢ The â€˜Everywhereâ€™ function, which allows users to search for the cheapest flights without entering specific destinations
Bonamy Grimes, Co-founder and Director of Mobile at Skyscanner said:
â€œWe launched our first app for Windows Phone late last year and it has been very well received. But weâ€™re always trying to improve overall user experience, and itâ€™s a testament to our mobile development team that weâ€™ve managed to surpass even our own expectations of version 1.4 in such a short space of time.
Weâ€™re confident that weâ€™ve built an app that is well ahead of the pack in travel search on Windows Phone, something that weâ€™ve had backed up by user testing so far. Overall, our aim is to save people time and money and the improved flexibility in browsing makes this much easier.â€
Grab the free app from the Marketplace.