With the Windows Phone 7.5 update only being rolled out to 10% of users initially the impatient many many want an early piece of the action.
It seems the old “disconnect the internet“Â trick Â from the NoDo days also works for forcing Zune to deliver the Mango update to your phone.
The step by step instructions are:
- Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
- Click on Settings/Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
- Click the check for update button again, and this time immediately disconnect your computer from the internet. Do this by pulling the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc.
- Wait 30 seconds or so and you should receive a notification that an update is available.
- Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
Seems simple enough. Let us know if it works for you.