Microsoft is stimulating demand for Mixed Reality headsets in Education by offering libraries in the USA the ability to apply for a free grant for Mixed Reality hardware and content.
The Limitless Libraries grant is designed to enrich the learning experience at public or school libraries and foster Mixed Reality adoption in education.
The grant provides libraries with all the resources for getting a Mixed Reality program up and running, including:
- Two Windows Mixed Reality headsets and two computers to operate them
- Technical training of staff and administration
- Assistance with marketing resources and program scheduling
- Email support to answer any questions going forward
- Access to other grantees
- Updates about new content rollouts
Middle schools and High schools (grades 6-12) can apply, as can public libraries. Grant applicants whose programs provide exposure and increased knowledge in STEM, and where a high percentage of participating youth are considered underserved as de?ned in the local context, will be given priority.
The fund is open for applications starting today with the first recipients selected at the end of the summer. Libraries can apply now. Read the full terms and conditions here and contact [email protected] with any questions.