Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
MSN has partnered up with Motor Trend to launch a new car website to help people shop for, look at, and talk about cars. The site is expected to launch in early 2014. The central focus of the site will be a completely redesigned, easy-to-use Buying Guide heavy on vital information and seamlessly integrated into the overall experience, including deep car comparison tools, engaging editorial, and professionally produced videos. Microsoft hopes to be able to monetize this site with gaining advertisers for a niche audience.
“We are very excited about our partnership with MSN,” said Eric B. Schwab, EVP, Sales & Marketing, and Group Publisher of the Motor Trend Automotive Group. “The idea of Motor Trend on MSN is to combine the reach and capability of MSN with the rich and authoritative premium auto content from Motor Trend. Automotive influencers, as well as new car intenders, will be offered an entirely new way to experience content and shop for automobiles,” continued Schwab. “Motor Trend on MSN will offer advertisers multi-platform solutions with unparalleled scale and credibility in the auto arena. It’s a win-win all the way around.”
- Motor Trend on MSN will set us apart from the competition for several reasons:
- Motor Trend web content will be exclusively available on MSN. For 65 years, Motor Trend has set the standard for unbiased, high-quality, and entertaining automotive journalism.
- Motor Trend on MSN will launch with a new slate of original automotive content and video focused on the all-new Buying Guide experience.
- Navigation will be simpler and performance faster across desktop, mobile, and tablet, allowing for dramatically improved ease of use.
- New social features will analyze millions of search and social signals to surface trending auto topics and allow for immediate sharing, complementing Motor Trend’s existing social media channels.
- Motor Trend on MSN will provide best of breed advertising opportunities to brands via unparalleled credibility of content, massive reach, robust search tools, and a built in social platform.
Read MSN’s full blog post