Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft released PowerToys version 0.49 yesterday with a new utility – Find my mouse and also a modernized new UI for PowerRename. It also merged Video Conference Mute into the stable releases and featured the usual bug fixes and improvements.
The update also included some bugs which needed quick fixes, resulting in the release of PowerToys 0.49.1 today with the following patches:
- #14063 – After updating, the settings are not localized
- #14044 – [FindMyMouse] False positive on activation
- #14058 – Typo: the word english isn’t capitalized
- #14009 – Typo in logging
PowerToys 0.49.1 otherwise includes the following new features and improvements:
PowerRename’s new UI brings a refreshed experience that reflects the modern UI theming of Windows 11, along with helpful regular expression guidance and file formatting tips.
With the new mouse utility, PowerToys introduces functionality to quickly find your mouse position by double pressing the left ctrl key. This is ideal for large, high-resolution displays and low-vision users, with additional features and enhancements planned for future releases. To learn more, check out our Mouse Utilities documentation on Microsoft Docs!
Additionally, Color Picker’s HEX format will no longer have the
# character. This addresses issues with various color inputs that only accept six characters cutting off the last value.
Additional work in this release include stability updates and optimizations, installer updates, general bug fixes, and accessibility improvements.
- Find My Mouse utility added! Utilize the functionality to quickly locate the cursor on your displays! Learn more on our Mouse Utility docs.
- Accessibility and minor UI improvements to the settings page.
- Added deep links to the Settings menus for various utilities within their respective editors.
- Settings improvements to improve clarity for various options.
- Improved settings window to adjust size and position as needed when multi-monitor conditions change.
- Screen reader improvements for accessibility.
- Color Picker’s HEX format was changed to remove the
- Accessibility improvements for screen reader and UI to distinguish colors from the border when matching.
- Fixed Color Picker and OOBE windows from being snapped by FancyZones.
- Fixed regression with layouts not being changed via shortcuts.
- Fixed crashing issue with FancyZones editor.
- Fixed zone layouts resetting after screen locking.
- Accessibility improvements for screen reader in editor.
- Fixed crashing issue when the editor is opened at high zoom on 4k monitors.
- New UI update! We hope you enjoy the modern experience and take advantage of new tool-tips to describe common regular expressions and text/file formatting.
- Windows Terminal Plugin added. Open shells through Windows Terminal via
_activation command by default.
- Added environment variables to Folder plugin search.
- Fixed certain schemas that were overwritten with HTTPS.
- Fixed issue with program plugin getting caught in infinite loops as certain file paths are recursively searched.
Video Conference Mute
- VCM added to stable releases of PowerToys!
You can download the latest version from Microsoft here.