Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Intel today released a new update for its HD Graphics driver for the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4. The latest update for the driver includes some improvements to improve the overall experience. According to Intel, the latest update fixes “many hangs, crashes, and graphics corruptions across a wide spectrum of games and applications.” More specifically, the company has fixed issues related to Forza Apex, Just Cause 3, The Witness, XCOM 2, and Ark Survival: Evolved. The update also comes with a fix which will fix the system hang issue while resuming from Sleep mode if you are using WiDi. Here are the full release notes:
Whether you’re a casual gamer, power user, or gamer, this driver is aimed to improve your overall experience. We’ve fixed many hangs, crashes, and graphics corruptions across a wide spectrum of games and applications. We’re especially pleased to report that this driver also fixes some long-standing and frequently reported graphics issues on Intel’s Support Community, including a scaling issue with Windows 10, and an error found when playing a particular game title. Please see below for additional details on fixed issues
- System may hang while resuming from Sleep/Hibernation while using WiDi
- Graphics corruptions may be seen in Just Cause 3*, Forza Apex*, The Witness*, XCOM 2*, Ark Survival: Evolved
- Scaling issue, Black Borders problem in Windows 10® – Stuck at ‘Constrain proportions’
- Screen may not rotate in full-screen mode and other miscellaneous issues with screen rotation.
- System may crash when playing back videos over WiDi or Miracast
The latest update for Intel HD is version 184.108.40.20663 and it is available to devices with Intel HD 515, 520, and 540, which are apparently found on the Surface Book, Surface Pro 4 Core i5 and i7, as well as the Surface Pro 4 with Core M variant.