Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Today Microsoft released Windows 10 Build 10586.494 to users for PC and Mobile. The latest build of Windows 10 Version 1511 includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, which should improve the overall experience of the OS. With the latest update, Microsoft has fixed reliability issues related t o Windows Media Player, IE 11, Windows Explorer, and even the Windows Kernel. Here is the full changelog:
- Improved reliability of Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 11, Windows Explorer, Miracast, and Windows kernel.
- Fixed issue with some people seeing a black screen instead of the lock screen when resuming from connected standby.
- Fixed issue with DirectAccess where the Disconnect button appears in some cases when the connection isn’t fully established.
- Fixed issue where local user accounts weren’t locked after a number of failed sign in attempts.
- Improved support for video playback in certain apps that didn’t render video correctly after resuming from sleep.
- Fixed issue with Windows Phone losing user authentication certificates after upgrading to Windows 10 Mobile in some cases.
- Improved support of the backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed issue where Microsoft Silverlight based apps wouldn’t install on Windows 10 Mobile after joining Azure Active Directory.
- Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication, revised daylight saving time, support for PDF files, Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Security updates for Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Kernel Mode Drivers, Windows Kernel, .NET Framework, Windows Secure Kernel Mode, and Microsoft Print Spooler.
Microsoft has also improved the ability to backup settings of apps on Windows 10 Mobile, which is also very nice. Additionally, the company has also made some security updates to Microsoft Edge, IE11, and more.
You can get the latest update by heading over to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.