GPS to SMS is an app that makes it possible to share your current location by sending it via SMS or e-mail. The message contains the GPS position data and a link to Googleâ„¢ Maps.
It also works (limited) without internet connection, so its a great tool for trips to foreign countries where the roaming costs are often very high, to tell your friends where you are.
Before sending the message hava a look of the displayed accuracy – it improves the longer you wait.
GPS to SMS features:
- Send SMS with your position.
- Send e-mail with your position.
- View your current GPS data (longitude, latitude, altitude, accuracy).
- Choose between metric and imperial units.
- Choose between decimal and degreesÂ° minutes’ seconds” coordinate format.
- View your current position on map.
- Correct your position within the map if GPS accuracy is not good enough (e.g. inside the buildings).
- Works without internet connection (avoid roaming costs in foreign countries). Limitation without internet connection: no e-mail, no map.
- SMS and e-mail contain a link to Googleâ„¢ Maps.
Reasons you should use GPS to SMS:
- Problems with the car and you need help?
- Injured while jogging and want to describe your position?
- Do you want your children to tell you their exact location?
- Got kidnapped ?!?
There are thousands of reasons to use GPS to SMS!
GPS to SMS is $0.99 and can be downloaded from the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace here.