Russian search engine giant Yandex has released a Windows Phone app for their flight search service Yandex Flights.
The app helps users find tickets for flights and also monitor flight status and ticket prices.
Yandex aggregates offers by Russian and international airlines, agencies and services and makes it easy for users to search and sort flights that match their requirements and budgets.
Users complete purchases on partner sites, but can also add flights to their “favourites” and if a better offer comes along the service will send notifications to users to help them secure the best deal.
Information about the tickets purchased are stored in the “Departures”. If the flight is postponed or canceled, Yandeks.Aviabilety will warn users about it. For those flying from Moscow, the application will help them select the appropriate Aeroexpress train to take.
The app features:
- Fixed Price: When paying for tickets on a partner site with the help of a credit card price will be exactly the same as in the application.
- Information about your departures: Rooms and flight dates are stored in the “Departures”. You can add any flight for which a ticker has been bought.
- Notifications on the status of the flight: You will be informed if a flight is cancelled or postponed: the app will send a notification. Flight status is also available in the “Departures”section.
- Price monitoring: The app will keep track of the routes that interest you and when prices change you will be notified.
- Search History. You can always see what flights you were looking for recently, a month or even a year ago.
- Aeroexpress train to the airport: For those who are flying out of Moscow, the app will tell you which Aeroexpress train to take.
See screen shots of the app below:
Find the app in the Windows Store below.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh2sw98]