Yahoo recently launched a search category called Apps to its search page. As seen above Apps is now being treated similar to web, images, news,etc. As App discovery is becoming more and more difficult, Yahoo is launching app search for the PC which lets you search and find apps with following features,
- Daily Personal Picks:Â Unlike â€˜Top Appsâ€™ lists that provide the same apps day after day, youâ€™ll get new, personalized app suggestions on a daily basis, so youâ€™re always introduced to the latest, most interesting, and relevant apps.
- More Precise Results: Using Yahoo!â€™s sophisticated search technology, quickly zero-in on an app by showing matching app titles as well as related keywords as you type
- Related Apps: Discover similar apps within the â€œmore apps youâ€™ll loveâ€ section to find related apps that best match your needs.
- At-a-Glance Shopping: Review the price, overall star ratings, screenshots, and description all on one screen to avoid the endless scrolling.
- Fast & Easy Downloads: Direct links to the specific app pages within the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace make downloading an app a snap.
Along with the webportal, Yahoo is also launching AppSpot mobile app for iPhone and Andorid which does the same job as native apps. Shashi Seth, SVP of Search & Marketplaces at Yahoo have told Search Engine Land that “Eventually Yahoo wants to index RIM and Windows Phone apps”.