Unlike the Xbox Music app Microsoft actually managed to update the Xbox Video app this week.
In Version 2.5.3929.0 you will find:
- The Xbox Video tile on the home screen now supports custom backgrounds and theme colors, without the need of a 3rd Party App.
- We used the telemetry info from the last release to track down and fix a stability issue that over the last 30 days was causing 75% of our reported unexpected application exits.
- We fixed several download issues related to licensed content:Some downloaded content was not available to play when the phone was offline (i.e. the phone did not have an internet connection or was in Airplane mode).Certain behind-the-scenes timing issues could create an edge case where a piece of licensed content could not be downloaded.
- Some downloaded content could not be played after switching to streaming via the UI.
Additional fixes include:
- An unexpected application exit after purchasing a TV season with a large number of shows.
- Choppiness/frame rate stutter after resuming playback.
- Links to TV seasons listed in Featured Sets were pointing to the details pages for the wrong season in that TV series.
- An intermittent issue where Movie and TV Collections sometimes appeared empty when the phone was offline.
- In some cases, purchased Movie and TV content was not showing in a user’s collection.
- Multiple localization issues.
The team said they will be working on “meatier features” in future updates, so not to expect a new version in 2 weeks time again (though once the “meat” is in place the regular updates will resume.)
Download it from Windows Phone Store here.