Microsoft made a number of announcements at E3 regarding new gaming features for the Xbox One
- New Level of Cloud Integration: With the Azure powered cloud backing Xbox Live, everything is more convenient and accessible.
- All of your games and entertainment to be stored and saved on Xbox Live, so you can instantly access them anytime, from any Xbox One.
- You do not have to wait for a system or application updates. Xbox One will always be up-to-date and ready for you – wherever you left off.
- Developers can take advantage of the 300,000 servers backing Xbox Live when we launch this fall to build immersive worlds.
- Expanded Achievements: The all-new achievements system for Xbox One is no longer confined to a single game. We want gamers to be rewarded for skill, participation and time-based challenges. Plus, developers can take advantage of the power of Xbox Live to continue to grow and expand their achievements over time allowing more opportunities for dedicated players to build up their score. And your hard-earned Gamerscore will carry over from Xbox 360.
- Smart Match: A completely reengineered matchmaking for a new generation of gaming. Smart Match expands options for game creators to match players based on skill, language and now reputation. Best of all, you no longer have to wait in lobbies while a match is found. And asynchronous matchmaking means you can play a game, watch TV or listen to music while Smart Match finds your perfect match, then you can jump in instantly.