Somewhat earlier than expected, Microsoft has pushed out a new update to the Xbox Music app for Windows Phone.
The headline feature of version 126.96.36.199 is Microsoft moving the updating of your library from when you load the app to doing it in the background, when your phone is charging, meaning faster start-up.
The rest of the new features in version 188.8.131.52 include:
- Improvements to how the app behaves under poor connectivity conditions.
- Improved download error handling so that messages are less frequent and more clear.
- When your phone is charging, the app will update your collection from the flash or SD card in the background.
- Addressed 70 functional bugs. A few notable issues we fixed:
- Unexpected playlist/playlist item duplications appearing.
- Downloads not resuming after a network connection was lost and regained.
- Purchased songs appearing twice in the collection.
- Showing “looking for music” when nothing had changed.
- Performance – we’re continuing to invest in improving the responsiveness of the app.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
The updated version of the app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.