Today Microsoft delivered their third 2 weekly Xbox Music app update, and this one has finally brought back the long awaited swipe to change tracks. Interestingly tracks are now changed by swiping up and down, rather than left and right. The update also finally brings back the upcoming track name, enabled by shrinking the Xbox Music label.
Version 2.5.3929.0 brings:
- Swipe the album art on the Now Playing screen to change tracks.
- UI layout changes to make more room for content.
- Minor bug fixes.
Microsoft also promised the following future features and fixes:
- Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Support for greater than 100 songs in Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of long lists.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
The next update should be expected in the next 2 weeks.
The updated app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.