Microsoft has pushed out the 7th Xbox Music and video update for their Windows Phone 8.1 apps.
The focus for this release was primarily on UI responsiveness and general reliability and quality .
In version 126.96.36.199, you will find:
- It’s faster to load your collection, particularly the collection lists and artist details
- Scrolling in your collection album and artist lists is smoother
- While your phone is charging, the app will opportunistically sync with your cloud collection
- Better messaging as your collection builds and syncs with the cloud
- We also fixed a number of bugs! A few notable issues we addressed:
- Album art not appearing (or incorrectly using the Xbox Music catalog version) when present in local MP3s
- Scrolling through a playlist being jerky and seeming to scroll infinitely
- Shuffling your collection having too few songs, and including duplicates
- ‘New music’ items showing either twice or not at all
Future versions will bring:
- Performance – we’re continuing to invest in improving the responsiveness of the app.
- Recent Plays on the Hub
- Live Tile support.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
The updated version of the app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.