Starting today, October 17th, certain groups of Xbox Insiders will be randomly selected to try out two brand new versions of Xbox Home.
The new experiments are called ABC experiments. Three groups will be randomly selected, with Group A getting one design, Group B having access to another, and Group C being a control group with the current Home design.
- Group A will see four new content blocks in place of twists (also known as tabs, which were removed back in August) on their dashboard design. The dashboard will look similar to previous Home experiments.
- Group B will have a single button under their main dashboard tile for My Games & Apps, rather than the four separate content blocks Group A will be getting.
- Group C will only have the current Xbox One Home, but will be providing data and feedback on how the current Home works for them.
These experiments will, hopefully, result in a far more streamlined and enjoyable experience for all Xbox One users! There’s currently no word on whether you’ll be able to pay to remove Ninja’s face from Mixer ads, though.
Please note that only Xbox Insiders from Alpha and Alpha Skip-Ahead will be eligible for these Home experiments. Also, Groups A and B will be chosen at random from select Xbox One Update Preview rings. The Xbox Insider Team has no say in and cannot influence who’s chosen, so there’s no point in resorting to bribery.
To find out which preview ring you’re enrolled in, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One console.
- Select Insider content.
- Choose System, then select Xbox One Update Preview.
- Select Manage.
- Tada! You’ll be able to see your current preview ring.
For more information, you can check out the official Xbox Wire post on the topic here. You can also follow Xbox Insider on Twitter and join the Xbox Insider subreddit for more insights into what’s next for Xbox.