Microsoft has just revealed a new update for the Xbox app on Windows 10. The latest update packs a bunch of new features and improvements. With the latest update, users will be able to record game clips of Windows games. The update also introduces a new live tile for the update — which will display your gamer picture and other notification. Here’s the list of new things:
- Game DVR for PC games – The Game bar lets you record game clips of your favorite Windows games.
- Screenshots – Take screenshots of Windows PC games by pressing Windows + Alt + PrtScr. Just as with Game DVR, you can also do this by clicking the “Screenshot” button on the Game bar.
- Live Tiles – The Xbox tile on your Windows 10 start menu now welcomes you back, showing off your gamerpic and letting you know when you have new messages and activity alerts.
- Avatar app – A new app is available in the Windows Store to customize your Xbox avatar’s appearance and outfit your avatar with a vast collection of items.
- User profile – You can see another gamer’s bio, location, reputation, tenure, and other information in the more info page, including their animated avatar.
- Real name sharing – Similar to the features we brought you in the March update on Xbox One, you can now choose to share your real name on the Xbox app with all of your friends or with everybody.
- In addition to keeping you connected to your games and friends, we’re giving you even more control over the Xbox experience on Windows 10.
- Xbox One Now Playing and media controls – The games and apps you’ve used most recently on your Xbox One are now displayed when you connect the Xbox app to your console. You can also use the Xbox app to pause, fast forward and rewind.
- Live TV streaming and PIP (picture in picture) support – For preview members with an Xbox One Digital TV Tuner (in 16 European countries and Australia) or a Hauppauge 955Q TV Tuner (available in the U.S. or Canada) attached to their Xbox One, you can now stream live TV within your home from your Xbox One to Windows 10 PC running the Xbox app.
- Xbox controller drivers – The drivers for Xbox controllers are now included with Windows 10, so you no longer have to download and install controller drivers on Windows 10.
The latest update, version 4.4.9014.0 will be rollout to users soon and it’ll automatically update once the update is available in the Windows Store. Microsoft has also made a video showing off the new features on the Xbox app, so make sure to take a look:
What do you think of the latest updates? Discuss in the comment section below!
Source: Major Nelson