Microsoft has updated the Xbox app for Android devices with a bunch of new features this morning. The company is adding a couple of new features with the update, along with the usual minor improvements. The main new feature in the update, however, is support for Beam notifications which will keep you updated whenever your friends start streaming on Beam. Another headline feature in the update is the ability to view the gamerscore leaderboards right from the Xbox app on your phone which is pretty convenient as you no longer need to turn on your Xbox to take a look at your performance.
There are some other minor new features in the update, so here’s the full changelog:
- Receive notifications when your friends are streaming on Beam
- Added gamerscore leaderboards
- Share the gamerscore leaderboard
- Identify hard-to-earn achievements with achievement rarity
- If you get several notifications when receiving a message, uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app should fix the problem.
If you have an Xbox and use the app on your Android phone, you can get the latest update for the app here.