wpTorrent was the first torrent client for Windows Phone 8 which allowed torrents to be downloaded directly to your handset.
Now in its latest update to version 22.214.171.124 it brings support for new features on Windows Phone 8.1, principally being able to export downloaded video files to the video hub, where other apps can play them, and also other files to other locations.
This means users are no longer limited to watching formats which are supported by WPTorrent’s own built-in player, and can use a more capable player such as Moliplayer.
The app otherwise features:
- Rich torrent features: Including magnet link support, setting file priorities, download/upload rate limit, incoming listen port, ect.
- Video and music playback integrated: Enables you to watch downloaded videos or play music while downloading is in progress.
- File manager with web server support: You can browse and view downloaded files, and share them via HTTP.
- Search engine management: You may add a web or RSS search engine, even import a engine list shared by others.
- Power saving options: You may choose to stop downloading or shutdown the app when battery is low, when downloads complete, or when WIFI is not available.
The app is available in both a free and a paid version ($3.99), with the free version limited to 300 kb/sec downloads and also having ads.
The update is another example of how Windows Phone 8.1 has removed much of the limitations which has made the OS cumbersome to use for power users.