Microsoft today released the Windows Template Studio 1.5 with a number of improvements, including finalized support for localization and some new features.
Windows Template Studio is an evolution of Windows App Studio which was an online app creation tool that allowed anyone to quickly build Windows Universal Apps. Windows Template Studio in Visual Studio will make it easier for developers to create new projects that target the Universal Windows Platform.
- Share source, share target
- Feedback hub (added in v1.4)
- Minor tweaks for Fluent
- Caliburn.Micro Support (added in v1.4)
Improvements to the Wizard:
- Localization in all Visual Studio supported language
- Adjusted the feature categories
- Lots of under the hood bug fixes and code improvements
- Much more Visual Basic engine work
- Work for supporting multiple projects in a single solution
- Work to support Prism
- Bug fixes
Developers who have the Template Studio installed already should have it updated automatically, while if you are new you can find it at aka.ms/wtsinstall.
Microsoft is currently working on future new features including an Image Gallery, Web to App links, Drag and Drop Service, Fluent Design improvements and many more.
You can find it here on GitHub.