Besides our usual co-hosts David from PDA.pl and Stasys from the very popular unwiredview.com we also managed to get Loke Uei, Senior Technical Product Manager for Windows Mobile to give us the low-down on exactly whats going on in the MarketPlace.
Topics covered include:
- App store restrictions ridiculous, stupid
- HTC Snap coming to Telus, T-Mobile
- How does he see WM position in the market
- What were WM Team’s greatest succes
- What is their missions statement for the future
- Is it possible to upgrade apps bought outside Marketplace inside Marketplace?
- Why 10mb only? and advertising rules
- 3 button rule, why not more minimum specifications? screen, port, resolution, jack etc
- new free environment for WM development â€“ with rules about the look and feel.
- Stronger rules for developers. always do a shortcut, always make an icon, always clean the registry etc
- WM as a a second screen (real second screen) for Windows and Xbox
- The integration between WM and desktop OS seemed to be lacking in XP and Vista. Windows 7 seem to have it inside. On a similar note, some authorities, especially in the EU, are very picky with MS on Antitrust issues. Is your mobile-cloud-PC/TV strategy affected by that?
- Right now you have MyPhone, Windows Live services for mobile, Windows Marketplace, Zune Store â€“ tons of stuff, all over. Whereâ€™s an integration of these services and a single login?
- The next hot thing in mobile seem to be the maps but thereâ€™s nothing from MS on Windows Mobile.
Spec support – why low resolution
- Why no Marketplace for WM6.1