From Windows Phone Developer team,
- â€œMultitaskingâ€ meets Integrated Experiences with Live Agents: Superior customer engagement with real time interactions via Live Tiles, Push Notifications, Deep Linking and Background Agents. Multitasking is also enhanced to allow for fast applications switching, as well as background audio and file transfer.
- Phone Integration has been greatly improved for developers looking to enable their applications to do more with their apps. The Live Tiles, Extras and push notifications functionality has been expanded to give developers more flexibility to engage with their customers.
- Developers will also have access to the Motion Sensor library and the camera, enabling amazing augmented reality experiences. The integration extends deeper into the operating system via sockets and database access now available to apps and games.
Specific to the refreshed Windows Phone Developer Tools that arrive in May, weâ€™ve also added;
- A new profiler and emulator for testing
- Support for Silverlight AND XNA in the same project
- Structured storage that enables access to SQL database
- Access to calendar and contacts through apps
- And much more
For more detailed update on developer enhancements coming to Windows Phone platform, refer this blog.