On the 9th April Microsoft announced the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 will be coming to the Lumia 830 and 735.
Today MicrosoftInsider.es reports that several Lumia 830 owners are waking up to update notifications for the latest version of the OS.
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 brings:
- Find your phone settings more easily. Tap one of the new settings categories to jump to it, use Search to find a setting, or pan down to peruse in the traditional way. Additionally, phone settings can now be pinned to Start.
Name your phone.
- Give your phone a name without connecting to a PC. Just tap Settings > About > Edit name to name it.
- Now you can use certificates to sign in for L2TP VPN connections. Always-on VPN profiles are now supported too, so you’re automatically and always connected.
- Type with more than your thumbs. Use an external Bluetooth keyboard and watch the words fly on your phone. And now get your text messages right from your car if it has a compatible Bluetooth system.
App privacy permissions.
- Now you control whether an app can access your contacts, calendar, camera, microphone, and text messages. Just tap Settings > App permissions to get started.
- Provide an extra layer of protection for your phone, so that if it ever ends up in the wrong hands, it can’t be easily reset or reused. (This feature is available only for specific phones.)
You can check for the update by going into Settings > Updates and tapping on Check for updates.