The Windows Phone Connector for Mac has seen a minor update which has added, amongst many other features, support for loading custom ring tones and full sync and import support for Apple Aperture photo editing software.
The full change log for version 2.01 include:
- Full sync and import support for Apple Aperture software
- Drag and drop import of files from Browse Device
- Ringtone transfer support (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Improved video conversion process with user configuration options
- Support for Windows Phone Marketplace (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Localization support for 13 additional languages
- Improvements to backup and restore operations
- Improved configuration for podcast sync and photo import
- Improved iTunes import support in certain languages
- Improved metadata support for videos
- Added additional error codes and help references for device update
- Resolved connectivity issues with certain devices
- Resolved album art display issues for certain devices
The update can be found in the Apple Mac App Store. It is of note that the Windows Zune client does not break ringtones out as a special genre, which is a pity for software now specifically for Windows Phones.