Behold! A new Twitter client for our beloved Windows Mobile devices. Appropriately named Pocket Twit, this utility is freeware, with donations always welcome. Let us take a gander.
- A unique user interface
- Works on VGA, QVGA and SmartPhone devices
- Support for multiple twitter and identi.ca accounts
- Maps view shows users on a world map and allows searching by region
- “Conversation View” shows a what this status was in reply to.
- Uses standard notificationsÂ to alert you of new friends statuses or replies
- URL shortening with is.gd
- Integration with shorttext.com for tweets longer than 140 characters
- Take photos and send to TwitPic
- Integrated search.twitter.com
- Clickable @names, URLs, and #Hashtags
- Option to check for new version on startup
According to the developer, Pocket Twit does not follow the conventional WinMo UI. This program uses what is called “kinetic scrolling” which is described as, “……drag your finger across the screen and the page follows along, as if you were pushing the content around. If you lift your finger while the screen is moving, it will continue to move for some time, as if you “threw” the content in that direction.”
To the sides of the main menu are the action menus. On the right, the menu references a specific tweet, while the left action menu is for updating status and such. Have a look for yourself in the video below.
Â Pocket Twit requires Windows Mobile 6, .NET Compact Framework 2.0 or better, a network connection, and of course, a Twitter account.
To learn more or to download, head here, then let us know in comments what you think.