Microsoft today released a major update for Windows Maps app in Windows Store for Insiders. This v5.1608.2117.0 update includes the long awaited Inking support. You can now find distance between two places by just drawing a line on the map using your pen. If you notice any other new features, let us know in the comment section below.
- Search for addresses, businesses, restaurants, hotels, and local attractions.
- Get driving, walking, and transit directions.
- Pin your home, work, or other favorite places to Start for one-tap guided directions from anywhere.
- Choose alternate routes to avoid things like traffic, tolls, or transfers in driving and transit directions.
- Hear turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation on GPS-enabled devices.
- When you arrive, let Maps help you remember where you parked your car.
- Download maps to use them even without the Internet.
- See your favorites and search history across all your Windows PCs and phones.
- Explore the world in 3D with detailed imagery of more than 200 cities and landmarks.
- See 360° panoramas of a place with Streetside views.
- See current traffic, cameras, and incidents on the map and plan your trip accordingly.
- See airport gates, shops, and more in indoor venue maps.
- Get detailed business info like phone numbers, directions, addresses, business hours, and reviews.
- Print and share step-by-step driving and walking directions.
- Note: Some features may not be available on all devices and in all countries or regions.
Download the update from Windows Store using the below link.
Update: This update also adds compass support.