Microsoft today announced the release of a developer ready, licensed virtual machines. Based on the feedback from developers, they have now released a fully configured Windows 10 development environment that won’t expire. Developers can just use their Windows 10 Pro license key and instantly start developing without having to worry about installing all the tooling.
These installs contain:
- Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 3 (Build 14.0.25425.01)
- Windows developer SDK and tools (Build 14393)
- Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (Build 2.9.5)
- Windows Bridge for iOS (Build 0.2.160914)
- Windows UWP samples (September 2016)
- Windows Bridge for iOS samples
- Bash for Windows
If you just want to try out Windows 10 and UWP, use the free evaluation version of the VMs. The evaluation copies will expire after a pre-determined amount of time.