Microsoft is today releasing a major new preview of Windows 10. The company is today releasing build 16226 of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring with a lot of new features throughout the operating system. The update mainly focuses on Microsoft Edge, but there are some other notable improvements on other parts of the OS.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Microsoft Edge:
- Closing tabs on Edge is now much easier as the close button on tabs will now show up even when there’s a dialog or alert open
- Microsoft Edge can now import your cookies and settings from Google Chrome when migrating
- You can now add ink notes on the book reading experience, and the Ask Cortana feature is also now integrated into the book reading experience
- You can now edit the URL for favorites
- There are a bunch of new emoji and improved emoji, including the new Zombie emoji and hedgehog emoji. Yes.
- The emoji picker in Windows now has a search feature, and it also now supports the dark theme
- Modern Windows 10 apps now work nicely with the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature
- You can finally track your GPU’s performance on the Task Manager
- You can now share a file right from the File Explorer’s context menu now
- The Calculator app now has a built-in currency converter feature
- General improvements to the new touch keyboard improvements, including shape writing support for more languages
As per usual, you can get the latest build from Windows Update if you are a Windows Insider. And you can find the full changelog for the update here.