MyTube is arguably the best YouTube app you can get in Windows 10. The app includes a beautiful user-interface and works across Windows 10 PCs, Mobile, and even the Xbox One. The app today picked up a pretty huge update, along with a crucial fix that partly broke the app recently.
There’s now a new picture-in-picture mode for MyTube with the latest update, which means you can now watch YouTube videos while you are working on something else. The picture-in-picture mode on MyTube uses the CompactOverlay API in Windows 10, so you can drag it around your display and place it wherever you’d like. It’s pretty neat.
Another big addition to MyTube with today’s update is the new TV mode. With the TV mode enabled, you’ll be able to experience the app’s UI for the Xbox One on your Windows 10 PC. While this feature won’t be very useful if you have a small display, but those with a big monitor might enjoy the new TV mode in MyTube.
There’s a lot of other minor improvements and bug fixes in the latest MyTube update, so make sure to checkout the full changelog here:
- New “Add to queue” context menu item lets you add videos to play after the current video
- Picture-in-picture support on the anniversary update
- Infinite subscriptions scrolling
- Patreon rewards implemented into the app
- Support for stop button on media remotes, keyboards, etc.
- Channel notification limit increased to 20
- Returned polls to developer messages
- Added “Now Playing” button to video player, which allows you to see all videos in the current playlist and play which ever one you want
- The player controls now take 0.5 seconds longer to appear
- (PC/Mobile) Added setting to change thumbnail size
- (PC/Mobile) Added “Use blur effects” setting, which controls most blur effects in the app
- (PC/Mobile) Added “Copy at current time” context menu item when you click the video URL while the video is playing
- (PC/Mobile) The data connection warning will no longer appear while playing saved videos on mobile data
- (PC/Mobile) Fixed bug where Entertainment didn’t come up as a category for video uploading
- (PC/Mobile) Fixed bug where clicking “View Channel” on the search page could cause a crash
- (PC/Mobile) Fixed bug where copying a link in the app would cause the app’s clipboard notification to appear
- (PC) Added visual separation between some sections of the app
- (PC) Added background noise and reveal lighting
- (PC) The app is now extended into the title bar (check out the channel page)
- (PC) TV Mode lets you use myTube’s Xbox UI on your PC
- (Xbox) ‘Trending’ changed to ‘Watch this’, with different video categories
- (Xbox) Added search options
- (Xbox) Navigation using the d-pad is now a little bit smarter and faster
- (Xbox) Hold the B button to exit the currently playing video in one click
- (Xbox) New animation when opening home page menus (such as “Library”)
You can get MyTube from the link below: